The heat is no reason to put your DC plans on hold! Bike and Roll guided tours are still the best way to see the sites and monuments, no matter the temperature. Here are the top 5 reasons to hop on a bike tour this summer:
1. Early Birds: Hop on our 9:30am Monuments tour (offered Friday to Monday, June 22 - August 20) and experience Washington DC before the sun is high in the sky. Our 10am Capital Sites tour leaves daily from our National Mall location.
2. Catch a Breeze: Enjoy a cool breeze as you pedal along the flat sidewalks of the National Mall. Biking is much easier then walking, bringing you from site to site in a fraction of the time it takes to walk. That means less time standing under the sun and more time enjoying the sites.
3. Made in the Shade: Our tour guides know the National Mall inside and out, and so are familiar with all of the shady spots. Tours will take every chance to stop under a shady tree. The stone ceilings of many of the monuments also provide cool shelter.
4. Quick Trip: Rent a Bike and Roll bike by the hour instead of the full day ($7/hr, 2 hour minimum). Take the bike for a couple hours in the morning or the evening. Avoid the sun and crowds by taking advantage of our off-peak hours (open 9am to 9pm throughout the summer).
5. Sweet Treat: Finish your tour with a refreshing "Icee" Pop! New this season, cruise back to the Bike and Roll shop and slurp on a frozen treat before going on your merry way.
"Soo glad we rented bikes!"
"It was like 100 degrees outside and instead of hiking all over the mall, we were able to quickly ride from site to site... We were able to see all of the monuments and memorials in two hours! Plus, the breeze while riding was great. Jeff provided great service and I'd recommend this experience for everyone. I actually wish I could just rent a bike for the week and ride from museum to museum. It would sure beat walking in this heat. . ." - Alison, Austin TX, July 2012 (TripAdvisor.com)